Our opponents would like nothing more than to distract us from the issue of constitutionality. But by refusing to be redirected, we can retain the high ground and dictate the terms of battle, as it were. This will also help to educate and prepare those who believe in limited government to resist not only this act of federal usurpation, but all such acts.
Tag Archives | General Welfare Clause
â€œThe powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people; and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.â€ –James Madison
- Tenther Radio Episode #99: Government Gone Wild
- Tenther Radio Episode #98: Nullification Goes Mainstream
- Tenther Radio Episode #97: The Importance of Decentralization
- Tenther Radio Episode #96: The #NoDrones Movement is Growing
- Tenther Radio Episode #95: Real ID Backlash, and How to Enforce Nullification Bills