In the 1850s, the issue was states rights…northern states rights rejecting federal slave laws.
Tag Archives | slavery
Derek Sherriff on the hidden history of how 19th-century abolitionists used nullification to fight for freedom.
by Michael Boldin An article in Newsweek, “Why We Need a Draft: A Marine’s Lament,” stirred up a bit of a hornet’s nest online recently. It was written by marine who fought in Fallujah, Iraq, and actually gave a pretty compelling overview of the practical need for selective service. I’m sure the marine was right [...]
- Tenther Radio Episode #99: Government Gone Wild
- Tenther Radio Episode #98: Nullification Goes Mainstream
- Tenther Radio Episode #97: The Importance of Decentralization
- Tenther Radio Episode #96: The #NoDrones Movement is Growing
- Tenther Radio Episode #95: Real ID Backlash, and How to Enforce Nullification Bills