In 1830, when South Carolina politicians were arguing for â€œnullificationâ€ of a federal tariff they viewed as unconstitutional, the elderly James Madison penned a public response.
Tag Archives | article-V
The Associated Press Reports: The Senate is moving toward its first vote in more than a decade on the line-item veto, and it’s remarkable how much has changed â€“ particularly the positions of many of the major players. At issue is a watered-down GOP measure that would allow a president to scrutinize spending bills he [...]
- Tenther Radio Episode #99: Government Gone Wild
- Tenther Radio Episode #98: Nullification Goes Mainstream
- Tenther Radio Episode #97: The Importance of Decentralization
- Tenther Radio Episode #96: The #NoDrones Movement is Growing
- Tenther Radio Episode #95: Real ID Backlash, and How to Enforce Nullification Bills